- ~ 2017 Race Schedule ( tentative) ~
· Wed. Sept. 20th: ~ OCSAA Race #1 ~ Mission Creek Park: This will start at 4:30 along the greenway at Mission Creek Park, and will be run predominantly over the gently rolling hills of Southerland Hills Park. 7/8 Boys and all Girls will run 4 km, Jr Boys will run 5 km. & Sr. Boys will run 6 km.
· Wed. Sept. 27th: ~ OCSAA Race #2 ~ Knox Mountain Race: The start area for this course is at the Knox Mountain Picnic Area; look for the turn-off on the left hand side about 3/4 of the way up Knox Mountain. The gates are always locked, so please park at the top of Knox Mountain in the designated parking area and walk down to the race site either along the road or via the short steep trail that descends from the parking lot. Please DON’T park along the road on the left hand side in particular as the racers will be running along there as part of the race. The course is over gently rolling forest trails with a couple of short steep hills and one short road crossing over pavement (ie spikes are NOT recommended). This is a particularly good one for spectators as runners do several loops past the start/finish area. Girls and 7/8 Boys will run 3.5 km, Jr. Boys will run 5 km., and Sr Boys will run 6 km. Race Start Time: 4:30
· Wed. Oct 4th: OCSAA Race #3 ~ Helen Gorman: This relatively short hilly course starts on the athletic fields of Helen Gorman Elementary School on the west side, goes a short distance along a paved city street (ie. Spikes NOT recommended) , leaves the road at the end of the Blue Jay Drive cul de sac, and runs down into the Powers Creek trail network. Part of the trail actually runs inside an abandoned culvert ... fun!! The girls and Grade 7/8 / boys race will be 4 km ( one single loop down below) and the Jr. and Sr. boys race is 6 km (two loops of the lower trails). Be forewarned that the hills will dictate a slower time than the same distance over flats. Race Start Time: 4:30
· Wednesday Oct. 11th ~ OCSAA Race #4 ~ Kettle Valley Scramble: Despite being a bit less on the distance side of things, this race is a nicely challenging one, and a good race for this late in the series. To get to the start follow Chute Lake Road right to the very, very end ... the start line is there. Parking is limited, so carpooling where possible is a great option. The route features plenty of beautiful lake views, some nicely challenging hills, and plenty of lovely single track. There will be separate distances for girls and 7/8 boys, junior boys, and senior boys. Please see course details on the "Race Details" page.
· Wed. Oct. 18th ~ Zone Championships @ Crawford Estates: This race starts in the parking lot for Myra Bellevue Provincial Park at the end of Stewart Rd. East. This forested route will feature a number of small hills on rolling trails and fire access roads. Distances will be approximately 4 km for girls and 7/8 boys, and 6 km for junior/senior boys. Race Start Time: 4:30 This race marks the season’s end for grade 7/8 athletes, though it is possible for EXCEPTIONAL grade 8s (not grade 7s) to compete as Seniors at the Valley Championships.
· Tuesday Oct. 24th ~ Junior & Senior Valley Championships: South Zone (Penticton/Summerland ~?~)... Further details should follow shortly.
· Sat. Nov 4th ~ Provincial Championships: At Jericho Beach Park, Vancouver. For details stay tuned to: